Monday, June 14, 2010

Chikan Groping On Japanese Trains

My food-toy and I


Like any good self-respecting Foodist, I have my phases and my fixettes. Fixette ingredient fixette recipe fixette cooking fixette container fixette color fixette fixette fixette. The
fixette arrives one day, allows himself to exploit to the marrow of my likings culinary travels, then enters the clan regulars, or leaves quietly into the abysses of Retoque, depending. Let

, among other things, a tribute to green gold pandanesque, the divine custard, soft to the Viennese, plump muffins, the 65 ° degree of perfection, the mandolin, the microplane, Steam, the dehydrator, black sesame, matcha, the god Kitchen Aid (red!) , thermometer, yuzu, sudashi, Azuki, enoki , ponzu, tofu, Koshu, kinako, you name it, and the best. My last

fixette dated, I dreamed for so long ... The dawn of time, at least. I dreamed of him, I thought of all these intense moments that I could share with him, those pure feelings, these moments of excitement and warmth.

For my new food-toy is hot hot. A firm body and blue, a fine black head, a firepower in a small body ... I named : torch.


I am quite amused. I caramelized, burnt, charred, gold, burnt, cremated, glowing, lit, stoked. A bit of everything that came into my hand. It seems that not everyone likes the carbon dinner every night. I put the torch on hold for now. I will return.

Meanwhile, two things: *

mackerel burned : after having spent a few hours to lift the net and a few others armed with tweezers, we set the net in a pan flesh side lukewarm, then passes the torch to the skin, the time it shrinks and crackles. We serve with vegetables and a hint of yuzukoshu.


* black sesame crème brûlée : mixing 25cl 25cl milk and cream in a saucepan with 40g black sesame paste. Heated, mix well and pour over 6 egg yolks 100g sugar and bleached. It brings all this to heat a few moments, then divides in one place ramekins in oven at 150 ° in a water bath, a good thirty minutes. It leaves many cool cool. Sprinkle with sugar, we chalumeaute is allowed to re-freeze a few minutes, and serve. Yum.


0 comments:

Post a Comment